✔️ FIXED BUG: Red Sea spawn points

Eggheads talking about bytes and stuff.
Krishty
Site Admin

✔️ FIXED BUG: Red Sea spawn points

Post by Krishty »

We should find a nice spawn point in the Red Sea level.
  • Spawning at Gonder airport is great for testing, but terrible gameplay because you need to start the engines, taxi to the runway, etc.
  • Previous versions spawned at the Custom Combat location near Gonder. While nostalgic, there is nothing to see there except a small town. We should start with an airport in sight.
  • Maybe above Luxor, close to Aswan, …?
mikew
Data Genius

Re: 🔴 OPEN BUG: Red Sea spawn points

Post by mikew »

Wow! a lot of activity on this forum while I've been away...

It feels like there should be at least another level below 'Scenario', or maybe rename 'Scenario' to 'Theatre' (or something) and have another level for scenarios (with appropriate spawn points) in that theatre.
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

mikew wrote: 2023-Oct-14, 21:31It feels like there should be at least another level below 'Scenario', or maybe rename 'Scenario' to 'Theatre' (or something) and have another level for scenarios (with appropriate spawn points) in that theatre.
To clarify: This menu will, at some point, list all the missions. Red Sea and Arcade should, in this sense, be called Red Sea Free Flight and Arcade Free Flight. But TFXplorer can’t load the mission files yet, so I pre-define these two missions or we wouldn’t have anything to play :D

So all this confusion will go away when we can load MDL/UDL/PDL/etc files but right now we can’t.
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

mikew wrote: 2023-Oct-14, 21:31Wow! a lot of activity on this forum while I've been away...
Yes … with very few regressions compared to the last stable version, and with the GUI almost finished, I try to collect every little bug I find so that we can work towards a new stable release!
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

I chose this little place (Agordat in Eritrea):
  • it is on the edge between highlands, sand dunes, and rocky mountains;
  • there are three airfields and several small towns nearby;
  • a few airliners spawn in sight;
  • If you fly along, you don’t fall off the edge of the map for at least 15 minutes.
image.png
image.png (643.67 KiB) Viewed 20 times

With the TAW 2.0 dataset:
image.png
image.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 20 times
Krishty
Site Admin

Re: ✔️ FIXED BUG: Red Sea spawn points

Post by Krishty »