Discover the worlds of TAW, ADF, and EF2000 — without the limitations of the actual games!
Requires Air Dominance Fighter, Total Air War, Total Air War 2.0, or Super EF2000 installed.
I personally tested it on Windows 7 only, but it should work on Windows XP, Vista, and 10 as well.
You need a Direct3D 9-compatible graphics card (ATI Radeon 9500 / Nvidia GeForce MX or higher — basically any decent GPU you bought after 2003).
If you have already installed an older version of TFXplorer, or if you use 3View, you can skip the following step:
- If you have not already installed the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010), get them here. Otherwise, TFXplorer will not start due to D3DX9_43.DLL and other files missing.
Double-click TFXplorer x86. The splash screen should appear.
- Plane controls are just like TAW's.
- SHIFT+Q quits the game or switches to explorer mode.
- Press the left mouse button to move forward.
- SHIFT+S cycles the time of day. N toggles night vision at night.
- F1 toggles wireframe rendering.
- F2 takes a screenshot and saves it as a bitmap with a reconnaissance-like look.
- F3 switches from Glide to Direct3D and vice versa (only important for developers).
- F4 toggles target names.
- F5 brings you back to in-game mode.
- Repeatedly press S to increase viewing range, or X to decrease.
- NUMPAD 6, 2, 4, and 8 glide north, south, west, and east.
- NUMPAD 5 and CTRL+NUMPAD 5 glide up/down.