✔️ FIXED BUG: Traffic Too Dense

Eggheads talking about bytes and stuff.
Krishty
Site Admin

✔️ FIXED BUG: Traffic Too Dense

Post by Krishty »

The dummy air traffic in Red Sea is nice for testing, but way too dense for a release. The number of planes should be reduced drastically. Furthermore, the beginning of the route should be moved farther away from the spawn point so we see planes in both direction.
image.png
image.png (35.54 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
Krishty
Site Admin

Re: 🔴 OPEN BUG: Traffic Too Dense

Post by Krishty »

I tried spreading the traffic, but this yields to pseudo-random crashes.

It seems like
  1. Sometimes a tile creates contrails for its planes even though the plane already has contrails. There must be an odd problem at play, like planes moving from visible tiles to non-visible tiles and not properly releasing their contrail emitters.

2. Sometimes a tile the goes out of visible range deletes contrails for its planes even though these have been deleted before.
I assume both problems are related, but they will take a while to fix.
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

This is escalating. Whenever I fix a bug, another one pops up. Much of the affected code is from 2012, designed for rendering landscape instead of doing flight simulation.

I wanted to throw it away for a long time, but I try to delay it until after we have stable version to release. Unfortunately, I don’t know if this can be done or if the whole thing has just collapsed over my head …
mikew
Data Genius

Post by mikew »

If this was Discord, I might consider posting that 'hugging' emoji, but it's a proper forum, so none of that nonsense. :D

Not much I can say, except maybe TFXplorer is trying to to do too much as one program.
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

Crashes fixed, I guess … the next version comes with traffic spread out over 10 routes instead of crammed into one. The routes are arbitrary for now; I should look up real air traffic routes over that region some time.
Krishty
Site Admin

Re: ✔️ FIXED BUG: Traffic Too Dense

Post by Krishty »

Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »

Part of the fix is still missing due to … some merge glitch, I guess? Will be fixed in the next version.
Krishty
Site Admin

Post by Krishty »