Typhoon

TFX, Inferno, Wargasm, Typhoon, …
Krishty
Site Admin

Re: Typhoon

Post by Krishty »

Welcome and wow! Amazing 🤩
DrJester wrote: 2023-Oct-31, 19:13Obviously, I am trying to change a few things here to help on the FOV for Ulrawide(which I failed) both on Typhoon, Ef2000 and TAW. Has anyone found anything related to that?
From my understanding, the FOV for TAW is cursed. It originated in a time where everybody wrote his own software renderer, and so does a few things odd.

There is no FOV in the classic sense, like 90° or so. There seem to be values like “for going one pixel right, the coordinates increase by x” and the same for Y, respectively. I couldn’t find out where they were assigned and that’s where I gave up.
DrJester
Pilot

Re: Typhoon

Post by DrJester »

Krishty wrote: 2023-Oct-31, 21:07 Welcome and wow! Amazing 🤩
DrJester wrote: 2023-Oct-31, 19:13Obviously, I am trying to change a few things here to help on the FOV for Ulrawide(which I failed) both on Typhoon, Ef2000 and TAW. Has anyone found anything related to that?
From my understanding, the FOV for TAW is cursed. It originated in a time where everybody wrote his own software renderer, and so does a few things odd.

There is no FOV in the classic sense, like 90° or so. There seem to be values like “for going one pixel right, the coordinates increase by x” and the same for Y, respectively. I couldn’t find out where they were assigned and that’s where I gave up.
Thank you! So that explains why, considering that Typhoon has(possibly) leftover code from TAW, that when I enable ultrawide or wide screen it gets really fish eye, worse than any other game. For instance, it is very noticeable when you roll the plane 90 degrees either side the view "decreases", when you return at 0 the horizon and terrain stretches. As in, the terrain from the furthermost point on the left (A) and furthermost point on the right (B) will all squeeze in when you roll 90 degrees into view, instead of cutting.

Quirky simulators, but by god they have some things that we still don't have today. So it is worth every effort to recover it.

PS: I wonder what Will Amette(-willamette) is :P